Friday, March 23, 2012

Straight on 'Til Morning


“Adventure is out there!”
I was sitting here on my bed, trying to think of how I wanted to begin my first blog post.  Everything that came to mind was either cliché or boringly philosophical.  No, I wanted to begin with a bang, something exciting!  And I thought, what would be more exciting than quoting what is quite possibly my favorite Pixar movie, the ever romantic, adorable, and whimsically charming UP?
Those four words sum up a major life philosophy of mine, and one that I hope to share with you as I write.  I firmly believe that “Life’s one fantastic adventure!” as a great friend of mine put it, and all it takes to have a wonderful one is the right perspective.  Adventure is out there, and it’s fantastic.
A dear friend of mine suggested calling this blog “Straight on ‘Til Morning” and something immediately clicked in my head when I saw it.  It felt just right, partly because Peter Pan has always been one of my favorite stories told by Disney (I’ll go into that more in an upcoming post, so stay tuned!).
But also because the purpose of this blog is to record a journey.  Some people think of it as a dreary and treacherous path, and parts of it certainly seem that way, but I prefer to think of it as a fantastic adventure.  There is so much to enjoy and discover about life, I see no point in dwelling in the valleys.  After all, they just make the mountains seem more glorious!
This joyful view of life comes from my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  If I didn’t have Him, my view of life would be drastically different.  Something along the lines of a gothic carpe diem (>_>).  But He is mine, and I am His.  He is the source of my joy, my confidence, my love of writing, and the love I’m hoping to share with all of you as you read.  He is my inspiration and the reason I write. 
“But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declaring the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” 1 Peter 2:9 
He called us out of darkness, saved us by the work of His blood, and chose us to declare His praises.  Isn’t that a wonderful calling? I pray that this blog does exactly that.  
My hopes are these:
1) God will be glorified
2) My words will be something to think about and give you ideas of your own
3) You’ll get to see a little of what my journey is like, you’ll discover adventures galore in your life, and you’ll be inspired to continue straight on ‘til morning in your own journey.
Thank you for reading.  It means a lot to me. <3
DreamWriter129

4 comments:

  1. I love this. <3 Adventure is out there is such a wondrous motto. I'm so excited to read more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's stick to our adventures and never waver...straight on till morning (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I wasn't able to comment on this until now, know that I've read this since the beginning and will continue to do so. What a wonderful idea you have.

    I love that your motto is from a Pixar movie, and that the theme behind your blog is a quote from a Disney movie. Best things ever. =D

    ReplyDelete